Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piece of me
had a lot of fun with this one. changed of of things. 1 quantized all the tracks. 2. thickened up the chugs a bit. 3 cleared most of the drums during the breakdown and added some fx to the ac guitar and piano. 4 panned one of the whispers and added a lowered whisper to last one. 5 added some drama to the drame part or the climactic part i guess you could call it. and few other little tid bits. i kept it out of the red so you'll have to turn it up to fully appreciate it (if it's worth a shit to anybody) damn, the mp3 doesn't sound as good as my 24 bit version. duh, no shit right?

-adrian
Spinlin Production, Houston TX.Cool

.mp3    01 POM-shimmer-24.mp3 --  (Download: 4.89 MB)

First up you did a great job at bringing out the details and adding drama and excitement. There are some ideas in your mix that I really like.

The things I don't like:

- The low end is somewhat muddy on my consumer speakers but okay on my Adams and on my AKG headphones.
- The toms sound muddy on all speakers Smile
- The guitars are too harsh and bright. I miss the warmth and crunch of the original tracks. All the lovely mids are gone, and with them all the power. Did you add more distortion to them?

I think your mix could be a lot more powerful if you find a way to build the mix around the guitars. You definitely don't have to kill all the mids to make room for the vocals.
Great mix, drums are nice man. That kick, bounces and punchy, really like that. Only thing i would do is bring the power like blitz said. A little bright, but i gotta fix that in my mix to. About the power, what im hearing is great left and right but a little lonely in the middle, give it a can of spinach and beef it up a little.
Really like this mix.
Thanks Blitzzz and Debellatoris fer listening. I didn't mean to add extra distortion to the guitars, turns out the shimmer plugin from slate was maxed out. got rid of the plugin and went back to my waves plugins. I tried again on another post and this time it's Balls to da Walls. Take another listen and maybe this version will sound a little better.

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=10938
I think this mix have too much low but is ok!
If u want,listen my version here:

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=10916

thanks too much!