Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SigneJakobsen(api mix)
Let me start by saying that this is a really nice song. The vocals are really good.
As explained in the post about this track, i encountered some problems whit the kick in the chorus parts of this song. Tho because i was mixing on an analog api console i did not wanted to trigger samples at all. So i worked my way around it by looking for the frequencies where it was most noticeable and got that out. leaving most of the low end intact.

Further when it comes to the bleed from the hi-hat on the other mics, i let it stay where it was and tried to use it in the mix. Which made me end up whit the actual hi-hat fader a fair bit lower than the other one's.

Whit the guitars i boosted the mid and high frequencies to let them come out of the mix more, and pand the rhythm guitars hard left and right to create more of a stereo effect during the chorus.

The bass had to little of a punch for me. Especially whit the guitars mixed in. So i Distorded it a little and gave it more mid-low to also get trough the mix better.

Plz let me know what you think and what you would do different.

.mp3    MR1107_SigneJakobsen_Full Mix Mater.mp3 --  (Download: 6.16 MB)