Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dark Ride – Piece of me (WhyNot)
Hi guys, this is my new mix Smile

.mp3    Dark Ride - Piece of me.mp3 --  (Download: 12.28 MB)

One of the best so far for me. Maybe a little muddy in the mid-lows. Nothing a good mastering process can't get rid of, but i'ts healthier to kill it in the mix.

Congrats!
I love this mix - it's my favourite. Of course it's very close to the reference track so I´m a bit biased but it has the raw power and energy that so many mixes on this forum are missing. The guitars push this song forward and you instantly loose power and movement if you cut away the mids from the guitars.

If you think your guitars sound too muddy try Andy Sneaps C4 trick: http://themodernproducer.com/2014/09/26/...ap-preset/

It sounds MUCH better compared with an EQ. Of course you can use any kind of multiband compressor to get the same result.

Talking about mastering: Our mastering engineer ADDED more mids in the final master because we wanted to sound more like Killswitch Engage and not like Machine Head or Trivium Smile
Last version

.mp3    Piece of me - last ver..mp3 --  (Download: 12.3 MB)

top job bro your second mix really nailed it I agree with blitz taking the mids out really kills the guitar when I track I like to make it a little darker then add in more presence I found it easier to make room for it so it don't compete with the rest of the stuff. ty for sharing \m/
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
what have you done to the toms? they sound very boxy now.