Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova? (Sano mix)
My mix of Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova? Smile

.m4a    Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova (Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 9.36 MB)

I'm impressed with the strength you gave to the electric guitars! I think you've done a very good job with this song!
mixing since April 2013
Mixing this song is slowly making me crazy Tongue having so many tonal options for the bass without really seeming to find a good one!

So what's your strategy, are you blending the mics, muting one, muting two, playing with phase and timing? I'm curious.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Nine times out of ten I will chose one source for the bass, which ever one is closer to the vibe I'm after. I don't agonise over the choice I'll just use gut instinct and move on. Usually it's the DI track, but for this track I picked mic two. There are times when I can't achieve the sound I'm after and have to go back and blend the tracks and deal with the phase issues it will throw up.
Sometimes phase summation and/or cancelation seem to color and shape the sound in a way eq can't... And when it works it's really freakin' cool. Half the time it doesn't work and I go with the DI and saturate the living hell out of it, but time aligning these tracks and fiddling with the polarity is actually showing a bit of promise so far. There's a lot of phase weirdness between the kick drum and the miked bass amps, at least if you're a knob twister and like to fiddle with the timing like I do, and simply flipping the polarity of the bass group found my fader tweaks making more sense.

It's a funny thing newbies could try, and I always forget to try myself, if the kick and bass won't get along.... See if the bass and kick are in polarity. Even the DI signal seems to phase interact with the kick... Low frequencies sometimes just refuse to make sense :p
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Hi Sano
I like Your Mix !
I Haven't downloaded the Multi tracks Yet !
Listening on Headphones ,Good job with the drums Bass And Kick balance the only thing that jumps out is one of the panned Electric Guitars sounds a little loud in the balance of the mix maybe just the upper mid frequencies.

Good JobBig Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(27-04-2015, 10:53 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Sano
I like Your Mix !
I Haven't downloaded the Multi tracks Yet !
Listening on Headphones ,Good job with the drums Bass And Kick balance the only thing that jumps out is one of the panned Electric Guitars sounds a little loud in the balance of the mix maybe just the upper mid frequencies.

Good JobBig Grin

Thanks for your comments. Listening again the guitar I panned to the left is a little loud in the mix. I liked the energy of it at that level, but I think your right and I could probably reigned it in a little more, while retaining that same energy.