Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BoogieSnakes - It's My Right
Hey all
After a few downloads from this awesome site, I figure it only fair that I upload aswell.
So here we go with my first upload/mix
Feedback ofcourse more then appreciated

Ch33rs
Saga

.mp3    BoogieSnakes-It\'s My Right.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

A bit too much reverb on that vocal, I think.
In some ways, it sounds a bit too closed in. Might try adding a little more top end.
Good drum sound overall though. I always struggle with that. Half the time it seems that the recording isn't that great and the other half, the drummer is just weak. The cymbals on this one particularly bug me. I may go back and do som cut-n-paste or even try to replace them outright.
Old West Audio
Hi Mate

I would run a parallel of your drum buss without overheads and get about 6 to 10 db GR then mix this in a touch to your mix this will fatten up the drums. For the kit overhead mics run another parallel Bus with a couple of db's compression and eq'd to bring out more high and mix this in a touch to enhance the cymbals etc. Maybe a bit of saturation on both of the parallels. This will give them a bit more oomph without overpowering the dynamics. The trick is to bring up the parallel bus faders until you just hear them add the depth and then balancing them. It tends to make the snare sit up as well

Memphis Cool
Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/
Hi there, I'm hearing quite a bit of harsh clipping distortion throughout - sounds like you're either clipping your master bus or overloading your mastering limiter (which you must have been hitting pretty hard, long-term LUFS is -8 which is LOUD). I'd suggest dealing with that first before you worry about any other tweaks. Hope that helps, Matt