Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie mixer looking for feedback!
Hello,
I’m a Canadian, high school senior taking a song mixing course and would really appreciate some feedback on my mix of the song Slow Down. It’s a great song and one of the few rnb tracks on the site, probably my favourite genre. I can really see this site becoming a mecca for engineers everywhere. And if the uploader or the artist happens to find this - thanks for sharing your tracks, I hope you continue to make great music!
All the best,
Steven Le

Notes on mix:
I noticed later that the hi-hat came through more than I wanted. Exporting the track made the quality.. Sad Thanks for reading & hopefully listening, I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions.

.mp3    Slow Down - Jessica Childress mixed by Steven Le.MP3 --  (Download: 7.11 MB)

NOT BAD PFN I REALLY LIKE THE KICK DRUM LEVELS . BUT ONE THING I THINK YOU SHOULD DO IS BRING UP THE MAIN INSTRUMENTS OR VOCALS IN THE SONGS AND LET THE OTHERS STAY AT LOWER LEVELS IN YOUR MIX AND I THINK YOU COULD HAVE ALOT BETTER MIXES. PLEASE LISTEN TO MY VERSION AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. THANKS