Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Roses - mixed at The Shack
This mix needs some glue. The individual parts sound great, no complaints about the drums, guitars, or piano, or even the vox! They just need to find their space in the mixes "image". I love the way you use her vox on the BGV parts and then bring her back to the forefront when her verse comes in.

Personally I didn't do that, but hey, everyone has their interpretation. I will say, that for her vocals on the verse she leads, i want it more present, she'd just a tad to far away for me, especially in comparison to the male voice.

To help balance it up, i'd make the piano a bit wider, and a tad wetter to make it sit back in the mix a bit. The OH's should be a bit wider, and up a little more in the mix. The electric is a bit bright and competes with the voice when they are playing together. Perhaps some form of Side Chain Compression, or Side Chain Banded Compression, to make that guitar sit back a little when the vocals are singing, but still have it up doing its thing when they aren't singing.

Just some thoughts!

Messages In This Thread
Dead Roses - mixed at The Shack - by Third Party - 23-04-2015, 08:52 AM
RE: Dead Roses - mixed at The Shack - by loweche6 - 24-04-2015, 03:53 AM
RE: Dead Roses - mixed at The Shack - by mange - 27-04-2015, 10:50 PM
RE: Dead Roses - mixed at The Shack - by davidwmontgomery - 26-01-2016, 06:31 PM