Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind - OneChosen2 Mix
Hi,
Originally posted this in the wrong thread Sad

First submission... BE BRUTAL!!! Smile

Tried mostly to clean the room sound out of the mix whilst retaining the Live feel.
Great song... Thanks Jackie Greene!

Thanks,
Ben

.mp3    JG_DLTDTYM OneChosen2 Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 14.35 MB)

Hi Ben
I Like your mix better than mine,I need to do a remix after listening to yours !
Being BRUTAL and really critical lol ,a couple of things that come to mind while listening ,I think the lead vocals could come up maybe just a db or 2 and Maybe a slight dip 2-3 db at 11-12 k to tame the cymbals/hi hat as jumping out in some parts in the Chorus.
I'm Wondering how a Subtle room mastering reverb would sound to give your great mix some more space ?
Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(22-04-2015, 08:43 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Ben
I Like your mix better than mine,I need to do a remix after listening to yours !
Being BRUTAL and really critical lol ,a couple of things that come to mind while listening ,I think the lead vocals could come up maybe just a db or 2 and Maybe a slight dip 2-3 db at 11-12 k to tame the cymbals/hi hat as jumping out in some parts in the Chorus.
I'm Wondering how a Subtle room mastering reverb would sound to give your great mix some more space ?
Good Job Big Grin

Thanks Man!!! And thanks for the input!
I think you are definitely right about the reverb. After listening to your mix, mine seems to be lacking a certain "live room" quality. Your's definitely retains more of the live feel that mine is missing. I also think you're right about the cymbals - the drummer really starts nailing that ride during the end of the song (sheesh). I had a guy at my school suggest that I mixed the kick a little to hot, and upon another listen, i agree. That might be burying the vocal a bit. I had boosted the vocal presence range up a bit more until my final listen, but decided to bring it back a touch... oh well. Thanks again!