Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Are The One_mix by Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Anyone who thinks this was going to be an easy endeavor was in for a surprise, am I right? This is my mix and I'm stickin' to it....:-) I spent a lot of time working with these tracks. So many problems with the tracks, from bleeds, to hiss, to extremely low levels in places, the list goes on and on. What a challenge. Loved doing it, however, otherwise what the heck are we here for? LOL! Hope you like it....and comments welcomed.

Thanks,

Tom

.mp3    You Are The One.mp3 --  (Download: 15.62 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
I like your version !
Great job cleaning up these challenging multi tracks Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Angel

Dear thedon,

Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I listened to your mix too and liked it very much. It was very warm and 70's authentic, which is something I tried not to do, as an experiment. That's why you'll notice that the electric guitars were run through plugins to change their sounds; tried to reduce hiss in the acoustic guitar but also add some flanging to try to cover it up more (doesn't really sound good to me on the upmpteenth listen....lol...hey but experimenting is how I learn what works and what doesn't). I was happy with the sound of the organ. The way they recorded it was weird and the signal was so weak in places and the bleed from other mics was massive. If you listen for the organ in my mix now, though, it doesn't sound half bad. My buddy is an organ player (one of the best around) and I am familiar with how a Hammond is "supposed" to sound. To try to even come close to the way that organ should have sounded was a real challenge. Well, the whole song was a challenge, as you even said yourself.

You had a lot of feedback on your mix post....great observations and suggestions there. Everyone is so helpful on here. More on your mix: I particularly liked your bass sound....very warm. I went for a thinner sound almost trying to emulate a Rickenbaker, etc. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble. Your mix was great and I am so grateful for this site and Mike Senior's helpful suggestions and feedback. I stumbled upon this site by pure chance and am so glad I did!!!!!!

Later.....

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek