Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve9 - Pray For The Rain (Unofficial Remix by STMROB)
Few hours on Logic Pro 9. No samples used.

.mp3    Nerve9 - Pray For The Rain.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

In general, a nicely balanced mix. I like the bass/drums/vocals. Great guitar solo tone/FX is. Love the whole outro vibe

LHS Guitar sounds a little wide/loud in verse 2 intro....seems detached from mix
Hi-Hat maybe a bit loud too in choruses.....makes it sound a bit pub/bar band rather than the soaring ballad that you're nicely sculptured everywhere else
There is also a fair bit of boom/mud coming in from all those guitar tracks/bass that is clashing with vox and needs some surgical EQ to clean it up

Pretty good for a few hours work ...Needs work on details to take it to next level

(05-05-2015, 07:09 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: In general, a nicely balanced mix. I like the bass/drums/vocals. Great guitar solo tone/FX is. Love the whole outro vibe

LHS Guitar sounds a little wide/loud in verse 2 intro....seems detached from mix
Hi-Hat maybe a bit loud too in choruses.....makes it sound a bit pub/bar band rather than the soaring ballad that you're nicely sculptured everywhere else
There is also a fair bit of boom/mud coming in from all those guitar tracks/bass that is clashing with vox and needs some surgical EQ to clean it up

Pretty good for a few hours work ...Needs work on details to take it to next level
Thanks for the comments. So here is a second version with a few more tweaks.

.mp3    Nerve9 - Pray For The Rain v2b.mp3 --  (Download: 7.51 MB)

Really like the verse guitar effect ! The guitar chord sound didn't grab me at first, but I was digging it by the end of the song - it grew on me. Drums and bass sounded good to me. Maybe a little masking happening on the background vocals. The level of the verse guitar coming into chorus 2 felt a bit hot, as the overall level dropped when chorus 2 started.

I really enjoyed some of your guitar treatments - a fun listen. Thanks for mixing the track !

Thomas
(09-05-2015, 05:12 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Really like the verse guitar effect ! The guitar chord sound didn't grab me at first, but I was digging it by the end of the song - it grew on me. Drums and bass sounded good to me. Maybe a little masking happening on the background vocals. The level of the verse guitar coming into chorus 2 felt a bit hot, as the overall level dropped when chorus 2 started.

I really enjoyed some of your guitar treatments - a fun listen. Thanks for mixing the track !

Thomas

Thanks Thomas. It is a great song you've created here, and a real pleasure to mix. Every track was clear and neat, and the vocals were inspiring. I especially like the last guitar solo, so maybe this is the reason it may sound overwhelming. There is no automation at all in this mix. I made a few corrections to the mix and replaced the last one with the new.

Regards.