Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nerve 9 - Pray For The Rain DEMO
Hi guys! This is the very first mix of mine, so I took a demo version of Nerve 9. It's just a 3rd chorus, I guess. Feel free to comment or add any tips or ideas you have. If you like this, I'll maybe try to mix the whole song. Really nice song, by the way :)

All done in Cubase.

.mp3    Nerve9 Pray For The Rain DEMO.mp3 --  (Download: 1.38 MB)

Not easy to give a proper review on such a short track. Vocals and bass sound good. Drums seem a bit off/flat/dead. This is maybe because the mix itself is quite compressed, DR=6, so not much headroom or maybe because they need more EQ work. It's definitely worth mixing the whole track!!
Hi LexRomah - thanks for posting ! Sounds like you have a good overall balance of the many elements in the last chorus. I can offer a few observations -

- there is a bit of mud build up in the lower mids. Worth a look at what element you want to contribute there And eq out the other stuff a bit.

- try pulling a bit of 1-2 kHz out of the bass guitar and see what you think

- maybe the right male BV is a bit louder? My ear was being pulled to that a little.

Hope that is helpful - thanks again for taking a crack at it, as I enjoyed the listen !

Tom