Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HollowGroundl lllFate By Satapat

.mp3    HollowGroundl lllFate mix song.mp3 --  (Download: 2.7 MB)

(14-04-2015, 07:34 PM)name036za1 Wrote: .......................................................

Hello Satapat,

Great job overall on the mix, I really like the punchiness of the kick, it really cuts through the mix! The only real critique that I have is about the overall eq of your mix, the guitars seem to be quite fuzzy and overall the mix has a veiled quality. Cutting the low mids say around 200-300 Hz will help you and a hi shelf boost at around 13 kHz will give the mix some air and clarity. Over the whole mix with a Mid Side Eq, try taking out the frequencies below 80 Hz and scooping out some of the muddy frequencies to taste. I have uploaded a copy of your mix with the corrections I have mentioned to show you what improvement could be made.

Hope this helps
dcp10200

.mp3    HollowGroundl lllFate mix song 2.mp3 --  (Download: 2.71 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6