Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Looking for Feedback on my first mix.
Hi all,
Please leave feedback when you find the time. Great song to work with. And what a great site for working on your craft. Thanks to all who contribute here. Much appreciated.

.mp3    01 - The Brew - What I Want - 01 Start - Print Track.mp3 --  (Download: 5.32 MB)

Well come aboard captain brown sound very good start indeed,slightly on the dry side aspecially with vocals, but that's no big deal, nice balance, good job.
(14-04-2015, 04:34 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Well come aboard captain brown sound very good start indeed,slightly on the dry side aspecially with vocals, but that's no big deal, nice balance, good job.

Hi Cudjoe,
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the feedback! I was really conscious about over processing the mix. I've heard mixes here that seem to be over the top with verbs and delays IMO and I didn't want to fall into that trap. But I have to agree that it did come out a little on the dry side like you pointed out. For me, I felt the snare could have used a little more reverb. But that's what this site is all about...., Taking feedback and growing from it. Thanks for taking the time to listen to it!
Cheers,
CBS