Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with these tracks....
...is the fact the audio files aren't consolidated, but only regions from the Reaper session. A problem if you don't mix with reaper.

What makes this issue unpassable is the fact no timecode has been stamped on the audio files so I can't "spot" the files to their original places (I've rebuilt a full session few times without the session reel by spotting all the files into their place).
(12-04-2015, 03:33 PM)Spede Wrote: ...is the fact the audio files aren't consolidated, but only regions from the Reaper session. A problem if you don't mix with reaper.

My apologies -- I linked to the wrong ZIP archive. Blush Should be fixed now. (The other archive is for my Mix Rescue remix project, not the raw multitracks -- it's to be featured in the magazine fairly soon). Let me know if you encounter any other problems.

When is the mix rescue featuring? I'm looking forward to seeing how the blazes you arrived on the bass sound. Funny thing is, you give a guy a lousy bass track and he'll figure out a way to make it work, but give him 3 bass tracks to blend or choose between and he's crushed under the weight of too many options. That's how it seems to work for me anyway :p
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(27-04-2015, 03:41 AM)pauli Wrote: When is the mix rescue featuring?

It's already landed:
Mix Rescue May 2015: Bruks

Quote:I'm looking forward to seeing how the blazes you arrived on the bass sound.

From memory, I just ditched the MD421 mic track; balanced the TLM103 against the DI; EQ'd the mic signal to boost 6dB of low end and cut 3dB of low mids; and also compressed the mic signal. No send effects, but a fair amount of fader automation on the grouped track. The whole mix had master-buss EQ and compression on it too.

If you want exact details, though, you can download my complete Reaper project for that Mix Rescue mix from here:
Bruks 'Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova?' -- Mix Rescue Reaper Project

Reaper is cross-platform, and the demo is fully functional, so pretty much anyone with a computer should be able to open that project on their own machine. I used a few third-party plug-ins, though, which some people may not have, so I've included screenshots of all their settings as part of the project-file settings. And, of course, if you have any further questions about it, just let me know and I'll see if I can clarify! Smile

Mike S.