Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Peace of Me - My Attempt
Hey guys,

thats my first mix of that song, but i guess there was to much music für today. There are some issues, i guess, i have to fix.

So, enjoy and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!

.mp3    PeaceOfMe_master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.76 MB)

I like the mix and balance but maybe it's too thin and bright for my taste. Nice work though!
I don't know why so many people kill the mids from the rhythm guitars when they mix metal. I know that there are a lot of guides/videos out there that tell you to reduce the mids but the truth is: You ALWAYS have to use your ears and decide for yourself wheter or not the guitars sound to muddy and need some cuts. There are no rules that you always have to follow because every song and every track has it's on character.

As a result most of the metal mixes in this forum sound harsh, thin and powerless - and so does your mix. My advice: Remove the eq from the guitars and only use high and low cuts to shape them. Pan them hard left/hard right and use volume automation to bring them in line with the rest of the instruments. The rest of your mix sounds good though.
Yes your right you can only use your ears.Most of the stuff on here are problem tracks.
The stuff you hear on the radio was great in the first place.
I cant mix this song as I know it will come to nothing ,ive tried.
The vox have nasty fx printed all over them and you expect someone to come up with great mix. Well it isn't going to happen im afraid.
thats the challenge, isn't it? =) I think most people don't take enough time to listen to the tracks before they start applying EQ and compression. I did a remix of "Femme" last night with only high/lowpass filters, compression and saturation (only Cubase stock plugins, no fancy shit) and honestly that mix is much better then the mix I did last week.

Takka: I bet you could make a great mix of Piece of me with just highpass/lowpass filters, compression (single, multi, de-esser, envelope shaper) and saturation, but no EQ at all. just give it a try