Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's My Right - AZmix
Well, here's my take on this tune. This is one of those that kinda grows on you after a while. Was actually enjoyable to mix.

I must say that after you get through the drums and kill that ressonant tone on the bass that this song really doesn't need that much help. Did a little volume automation on the volcals to help bring the softer words out but otherwise, it was just sculpting and adding a bit of delay and reverb. It's a pretty sparse DAW session.

Anyway, I think it came out well. The vocal may be up a bit much in this mix but that's the only real area of concern I have about my final product.

Comments quite welcome.

.mp3    ItsMyRight-mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

.mp3    ItsMyRight-mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

Old West Audio
I like your Mix ,Good job with the bass, the kick sounds a little in the background lacking punch compared to the bass,like too much maybe coming from the overheads of or maybe a phase alignment issue.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

It's so rare to get a peice of music where you have the chance to put the bass somewhere other than dead center so since we had just the single guitar strum in the verse, I jumped at the chance to move the fundamental to one side.

I checked phasing pretty carefully so there shouldn't be much of that. (I also put the PAZ plugin on the master bus and had that up several times so I know that phasing issues are only sporadic transients from cymbal crashes, as you would expect.) I do admit that I had problems with that kick drum. he played pretty lightly and had a pretty resonnant drum so you don't get the rock "THWACK" that you might be looking for. After your comment though, I did go back through and bring the kick up a bit. I also went through and added som e automation to bring out the crash cymbals a bit more and to elevate some of the candy in this tune as well as balancing the vocals better. So it woun't sound much different but it's a better mix.
Old West Audio