Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first upload on this forum ... :-)
Hi there,

first time poster and still a mixing noob from Hamburg/Germany here.

First off, I would to thank Mike Senior for setting up the Discussion Zone, a really great place for learning from other people's mixes. I am really impressed by the number of reviews Mike is posting; and creating sticky threads for each multitrack project must be very time consuming, too. Your enthusiasm cannot be praised highly enough ...

OK, here is my take on this great track. Also the room tracks did not suggest LCR panning, I decided to give it a shot ... Effectwise I went for a more dry and natural feel.

Any critiques and hints on what to improve are highly appreciated.

Ralf

.mp3    Will Knox Band - Cog In The Machine (Mix by Ralf_T).mp3 --  (Download: 6.37 MB)

Hi Ralf_T and welcome on board!

I like that mix as it shows a very nice balance and great tonality. And I personally am a big fan of more dry mixes, so you pleased me with that Big Grin

There are a few things I'd edit out, though, all during the intro. The first is the clicking of the sticks. I personally do not like it. And although this is a live performance there is no musical value in them (in my ears at least). Then there is a little timing problem, both when the guitar and the bass enter. Especially annoying to me is that just before the drums enter. I'd work on that to smooth things out even further.

Great job!

By the way, is it still snowing in Hamburg as it is in Bonn right now?

Cheers
Artbass