Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Piece Of Me" I would love some feedback
Here is my mix. This was a fun track to mix, It's what I call epic rock!
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

.mp3    Dark Ride Piece Of Me.mp3 --  (Download: 12.23 MB)

I think it sounds pretty darn good. The only thing that popped out to me was the bass guitar. It seemed to me that it was either there too much or not enough. It is definitely prominent through most of the song. The drums and vocals are solid. The guitars are a little thin perhaps, but then again the bass takes up some slack. It is more evident at 1:48 - 1:53 in the song during the breakdown. The bass is bumping and then immediately after is seems to disappear. Perhaps some more compression on it to tighten it up? Outside of that I think it sounds great.
Thank you for the feedback EMP, I appreciate it. I will take a look at the session and see if I can address the issues that you listed. If anyone else has anything to add, feel free to comment.
The original rhythm guitar tracks are mid-heavy and punchy - thats why they stand out in the ref mix and push the song forward. In your mix the guitars are sitting on the backseat of the car, with a very bright snare and a dominant bass in the front seats. It might not be the best choice for this song.

Did you use any kind of reference mix? And if you did, what kind of band/song?