Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Brew: 'What I Want'
The Brew: 'What I Want'

.m4a    The Brew_ \'What I Want\'.m4a --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

Hi Arcady,
IMO your mix is over slammed. There seems to be some serious compression happening. I also find the vocal over processed as well. If this was the effect you desired then I get it. But for me, it does not fit with the type of pop vibe that I get from the song.
My 2 cents.
Hi, IMHO I found the mix, apart of being overcompressed, quite disturbing, and not in a good way. The vocal fx lose their meaning because the never ending repetition, makes no sense to me... maybe if you put it only in certain phrases, it stands more, or to bring down the fx to something more subtle.

take care, Maxo

thanks for the observations))))))))
Arcady,
I've read the other comments here and I feel very differently about your mix. It brought a huge smile to my face. You put a ton of character into this mix and I really enjoyed it. It is raw and it is glorious and I applaud the chances you took. Certainly it is a bit rough around the edges (no fade at the end to lose the garbage, and no one addressed the bass guitar at the break where he makes some ugly sounds). However, you over-all effects are bold and beautiful and shows incredible promise IMO. Maybe the vocal effects could be used more sparingly for impact, but the energy you produced is awesome. Keep up the good work.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I for long was absent)))) nice that to whom that it was pleased my work