Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PatrickTalbot_Fool
Hi guys!
Listen to this beautiful mix my music and tell us your impressions

.mp3    PatrickTalbot_Fool.mp3 --  (Download: 3.96 MB)

Not bad Alexander! Smile
I think the Rhodes could be sweetened a bit, adding some delay/modulation/saturation, it sounds a bit bland right now...
I would have used primarily the GuitarL rather than GuitarR (there is a bad edit on GuitarR so if you don't use both, GuitarL is better).
The guitar solo is very wet, sounds like there's too much reverb (or not enough pre-delay on it) so it sounds very far away. The rhythm guitars sounds much closer in comparison, which is the opposite of the effect you would want...
The eyebrows are quite loud, I would make them more subtle (but good points for the delays on them! Wink)
All in all good job!
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(07-04-2015, 07:55 PM)ptalbot Wrote: Not bad Alexander! Smile
I think the Rhodes could be sweetened a bit, adding some delay/modulation/saturation, it sounds a bit bland right now...
I would have used primarily the GuitarL rather than GuitarR (there is a bad edit on GuitarR so if you don't use both, GuitarL is better).
The guitar solo is very wet, sounds like there's too much reverb (or not enough pre-delay on it) so it sounds very far away. The rhythm guitars sounds much closer in comparison, which is the opposite of the effect you would want...
The eyebrows are quite loud, I would make them more subtle (but good points for the delays on them! Wink)
All in all good job!
Hi Patrick! As such, the better?

.mp3    PatrickTalbot_Fool .mp3 --  (Download: 3.87 MB)

It's better Alexander, although I think the Rhodes still sound a bit bland, it's muddier but not much sweeter.
I would try some chorus/rotary speakers on it, and some delay perhaps?
Other than that, sounds good! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(11-04-2015, 03:55 PM)ptalbot Wrote: It's better Alexander, although I think the Rhodes still sound a bit bland, it's muddier but not much sweeter.
I would try some chorus/rotary speakers on it, and some delay perhaps?
Other than that, sounds good! Smile
Hi, Patrick!
And about a version that will tell

.mp3    PatrickTalbot_Fool 3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.91 MB)

This sound better, but the trouble is that now it's taking too much of the frequency space. I would narrow their width using some M/S processing and pan them a bit opposite the guitar.
Also the little accent guitars during the chorus are 6db too loud at least!

Some air moved here