Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew: What I Want (SixString's Mix)
This one was fun to work with, great tracks and lot of mic's to choose from. It was not easy but i enjoyed it.
Does it work for you?

Updated with mix 1.2

.mp3    Brew-What i want mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

.mp3    Brew-What i want mix1.2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.88 MB)

Hi there,

You have a nice energy going in this mix. However, some pointers.. Smile

-Lead vocals: It sounds like a "phasey" panning like effect that triggers more in the lower frequencies. It feels like the singer runs across the room laying this track down.

-Rhodes: maybe a tad loud, could be automated to keep the mix exiting. maybe some kind of panning to clear some space for the vocals?

-Drums: The overheads are in my taste to loud in comparsion to rest of the kit. The drums loses momentum on the first half of the instrumental part. I think it has to do with the drummer playing the HH. Toms sounds great!

-Guitar: Like the level and where it sits, some peaks that sticks out but should be quite easily fixed with some automation. A little less FX?

Conclusion: The mix seems very "busy". There is a lot going on in the middle, the vocals and Rhodes primarily compete for the same space. Less fx on the vocals and maybe a high pass filter and some panning on the Rhodes could clear up some of it.

Good job! Keep em coming!

Cheers,

/Marcus
Thank you very much for your input Marcus, i really appreciate it.

I have uploaded a new mix.