Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Children of noone Voelund
Mixed it some time ago and made little tweaks today, quite diffrent from what i use to do, very bright, but I think it suits the song. Pretty hard limited, but thats what it calld for, I think. Do you agree Smile

By the way I found an echo I find suits the rhythm guitar in the intro: 115 ms tape delay, low feedback, through stereo delay 230ms left, 208 ms right, more feedback.

.mp3    Children of noone 01 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 5.13 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(17-09-2013, 09:01 PM)Voelund Wrote: Mixed it some time ago and made little tweaks today, quite diffrent from what i use to do, very bright, but I think it suits the song. Pretty hard limited, but thats what it calld for, I think. Do you agree Smile

By the way I found an echo I find suits the rhythm guitar in the intro: 115 ms tape delay, low feedback, through stereo delay 230ms left, 208 ms right, more feedback.

Hi!

Secret of delay for rhythm guitar in the intro: tempo approx 87 bpm. Big Grin
Meanin ?
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(18-09-2013, 11:16 PM)Voelund Wrote: Meanin ?

Hi!

For me, one of this "aha moment"! Big Grin

http://www.thewhippinpost.co.uk/tools/de...ulator.htm

Hope this helps!
Oh I see - yes I often use those calculations as guidelines, have a program doin the same thing called music math.

By the way, the solo were easy to find :-) thank you
Confused Ouch, cleanin tracks is all well, but eh, deleted the guitarsolo ...
So heres another attempt, with guitar solo Cool more automation, little more tweakin o things and Im quite happy with it.
Listnin on my old JBL speakers the snare is too high, should I do somthin about that ? It sounds good in headphones and my Dynaudio and mini auratone wannabeesBig Grin

.mp3    Children of noone 03 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 5.14 MB)

(19-09-2013, 04:02 PM)Voelund Wrote: Confused Ouch, cleanin tracks is all well, but eh, deleted the guitarsolo ...
So heres another attempt, with guitar solo Cool more automation, little more tweakin o things and Im quite happy with it.
Listnin on my old JBL speakers the snare is too high, should I do somthin about that ? It sounds good in headphones and my Dynaudio and mini auratone wannabeesBig Grin

I'm sorry that I have to say, but it perfect! Big Grin
Damn - thx m8.. Those JBL 4413 have ruined many mixes in their time, and I only keep em for nostalgic reasons ...
Sounds great here!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(19-09-2013, 05:36 PM)bmullen Wrote: Sounds great here!

Thank you bmullen !