Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Human Radio - You & Me & The Radio (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A nice song, a good vocal really fun to mix. Hope you like it!

V2 small changes!

V3 some changes!

.mp3    Human Radio - You & Me & The Radio.mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

.mp3    Human Radio - You & Me & The Radio V2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

.mp3    Human Radio - You & Me & The Radio V3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

I liked this one. It sounds fairly cohesive and the tone is good. I have a couple of suggestions. The vocal is a little dark, and I would add some 10-15k, and maybe remove a little 2-3k. The kick seems to stand out a little much. The processing is still pretty good on the drums, though. The stereo is a little narrow, if the guitars aren’t panned all the way left and right here, I would recommend doing that for width. If they are already panned all the way (or even if they are), I would recommend a bit wider reverb/delay. Other than that, I thought this was pretty good.
(31-07-2020, 06:17 AM)Universe Man Wrote: I liked this one. It sounds fairly cohesive and the tone is good. I have a couple of suggestions. The vocal is a little dark, and I would add some 10-15k, and maybe remove a little 2-3k. The kick seems to stand out a little much. The processing is still pretty good on the drums, though. The stereo is a little narrow, if the guitars aren’t panned all the way left and right here, I would recommend doing that for width. If they are already panned all the way (or even if they are), I would recommend a bit wider reverb/delay. Other than that, I thought this was pretty good.
Many thanks Universe Man for the reply! I will try another mix later on, thanks!
New version V2 small changes!
New version V3 some changes!
Everything sounds too pushed to me. Nothing has any room. It seems all smooshed up to the glass. As a result it has very little life. It almost as if you were afraid to let it breath or allow any dynamics. You've done better.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(16-03-2021, 06:57 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Everything sounds too pushed to me. Nothing has any room. It seems all smooshed up to the glass. As a result it has very little life. It almost as if you were afraid to let it breath or allow any dynamics. You've done better.
Hi Mixinthecloud! Thanks for the comments and yes, I do agree on the dynamics. This was a test on a different approach to mixing, but it wasn't a good one so I'll do another later on. Cheers!
(16-03-2021, 10:29 PM)heinim Wrote:
(16-03-2021, 06:57 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Everything sounds too pushed to me. Nothing has any room. It seems all smooshed up to the glass. As a result it has very little life. It almost as if you were afraid to let it breath or allow any dynamics. You've done better.
Hi Mixinthecloud! Thanks for the comments and yes, I do agree on the dynamics. This was a test on a different approach to mixing, but it wasn't a good one so I'll do another later on. Cheers!
It did not impress me like one of your usually sound approaches.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(17-03-2021, 12:13 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(16-03-2021, 10:29 PM)heinim Wrote:
It did not impress me like one of your usually sound approaches.
Hi again! For this one I did not reference the mix on 3 different loudspeakers as I always do, so there you have it how important it is for me to do that. Cheers!
Nice prominent vocal. A touch more echo than I've applied. Good powerful drums. Nice solid, gritty bass. Like how loud you've made the drums. The kick drum is perhaps a tad aggressive for my taste. Great mix overall - my favorite so far.

My mix: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showthread.php?tid=38542