Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living Lie
Hello,

Here's my mix attemp for this cool song. Beautiful voice!
Feedback about my mix is appreciated.

Regards

.mp3    living lie.mp3 --  (Download: 5.66 MB)

(22-05-2020, 06:41 AM)AJ Slim Wrote: Hello,

Regards
Good job.
Learning
(22-05-2020, 09:14 AM)InnerMusic Wrote:
(22-05-2020, 06:41 AM)AJ Slim Wrote: Hello,

Regards
Good job.
Thank you very much for listening and comment.
Hi AJ

Thanks for mixing our track - I will jot down some notes below as I listen through

- Nice balance in the intro - I like your reverb/delays choices
- Nice drum balance. Hi hat feels a bit prominent in the balance. Cymbals a bit too.
- Opportunity for more chorus impact? The rhythm guitars seems a bit subdued. Opportunity for additional width in your panning? Again with the intent of really bringing the chorus. In my own mix, the first two notes of the rhythm guitar in the chorus were automated up a few db for the same purpose.
- Nice background vocal treatment
- lead guitar part at end perhaps some automation to bring that in? Feels like the arrangement drops down a bit in intensity after the vocal ends

Really nice vibe overall AJ - like it. I hope some of these observations are helpful !

Thanks for sharing

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and sending your comments.
Your feedback is extremely useful for me.
At first my main concern is on the eq side since I'm mixing using headphones, so hope it sounds ok (not sure if your comment on hi-hats and cymbals may be related to them being too bright in the mix); but also, as I conclude from your comments, I still have to work some more on my layering and how and when  to bring things up or turn them down.

Thanks again, regards