Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Pills (BCS Mix)
Nice riff, nice vocals! I managed to get a big sound from the drums, too. Wish the drums were tighter, though. A more 'solid' kick drum would make this song feel so much stronger, but hey I tried my best. Also, it's kinda rare that two track guitar lines are enough for heavy music, but in this song it just works somehow!

.m4a    \'Happy Pills\' (BCS Mix 6).m4a --  (Download: 7.91 MB)

c'mon guys, any acknowledgements will do!Big Grin
Such big drums and such small guitars. Smile Some disco dancing flavor it has.
(04-10-2019, 07:02 PM)kayanme Wrote: Such big drums and such small guitars.
Well, to be fair it's a live recording, there's only so much I could do. The vocal mics already have SO much bleed in it, and guitar tracks are not DIs which means they also have a substantial amount of bleed. You would be surprised how loud the drum bleed from other mics actually are, because I spent quite some time 'blending' the bleed, rather than 'hiding/removing' them.
(05-10-2019, 03:42 PM)bcs_mix Wrote: You would be surprised how loud the drum bleed from other mics actually are, because I spent quite some time 'blending' the bleed, rather than 'hiding/removing' them.
I do, I handled it too. That thing pushes me to do the mix, that is dictated by "bleed environment", rather than to fight with it. You can check it out.