Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountaineering Club's 'Mallory' (EquilibriumMIX)
In this mix, I did everything I can at the moment. Please rate the work. Leave comments. Criticize if something is wrong. Thank you for listening.

.mp3    Mountaineering Club\'s \'Mallory\'.mp3 --  (Download: 9.46 MB)

Alexander
Reverb potentially increases note sustain. In so doing, it makes the decaying notes louder. This quickly builds up congestion in the spectral domain which is what I can sense here. I think you are right in how you are building emotion though, just be careful perhaps about what is fed into your sends and the parameter options you select.

I’ll just flag up a ringing in the piano which is an unwelcome resonance that would benefit from some correction. It’s at 0:24 at about 5kHz? There's also some sibilance that could benefit from attention.

What sort of emotional contribution do you feel the "typwriter" is providing the song, for example at about 0:35?

Thanks for sharing a very interesting mix with us. You have some fresh ideas here, particularly with the vocal effects.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
(26-05-2019, 10:10 AM)Monk Wrote: Reverb potentially increases note sustain. In so doing, it makes the decaying notes louder. This quickly builds up congestion in the spectral domain which is what I can sense here. I think you are right in how you are building emotion though, just be careful perhaps about what is fed into your sends and the parameter options you select.

I’ll just flag up a ringing in the piano which is an unwelcome resonance that would benefit from some correction. It’s at 0:24 at about 5kHz? There's also some sibilance that could benefit from attention.

What sort of emotional contribution do you feel the "typwriter" is providing the song, for example at about 0:35?

Thanks for sharing a very interesting mix with us. You have some fresh ideas here, particularly with the vocal effects.

From the beginning, I've been too into the little things in this mix. The result was fatigue and I stopped noticing some details. When I noticed it, I had to stop working on the mix and put it here.

Thank you so much for your auditions and advice. I will try to avoid old mistakes in the future.
Alexander
(26-05-2019, 05:26 PM)Equilibrium Wrote: From the beginning, I've been too into the little things in this mix. The result was fatigue and I stopped noticing some details. When I noticed it, I had to stop working on the mix and put it here.

Thank you so much for your auditions and advice. I will try to avoid old mistakes in the future.

I know that feeling well, too.

I find that taking regular breaks, even short ones, can make a big difference to my focus and concentration, even creativity, and boost my productivity rate. Maybe set an alarm clock to force yourself to take a break, say every 20 minutes or at a pace to suit your attention needs. Time can fly by without realising it and before you know it, we can end up suddenly feeling exhausted.

Hope it helps Wink

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.