Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JulietsRescue-Heartbeats(sono mix)
JulietsRescue-Heartbeats(sono mix)

.mp3    JulietsRescue-Heartbeats(sono mix).mp3 --  (Download: 6.06 MB)

(06-02-2019, 08:43 PM)Studio Sono Wrote: JulietsRescue-Heartbeats(sono mix)

Hi! Nice mix, listening through my headphone maybe the kick in the beginning is a little bit out of balance, in the last part with distortion guitars there's something strange again with the kick (do you edit the part?), good work on vocals!
(10-02-2019, 08:33 PM)Rob Sidhe Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 08:43 PM)Studio Sono Wrote: JulietsRescue-Heartbeats(sono mix)

Hi! Nice mix, listening through my headphone maybe the kick in the beginning is a little bit out of balance, in the last part with distortion guitars there's something strange again with the kick (do you edit the part?), good work on vocals!

Thanks,
No, I din't edit anything on that mix, except electronic snare, I add couple of hits in some parts to move the groove more.

I mainly used external analog equipment, I do not like using plugins too much ( I have the feeling they destroy the sound), so I trying using plugins before the analog processors
I made another mix, a little brighter.
Im not a mastering engineer and I know those songs need a final touch, but anyway its a nice fun.

.mp3    JulietsRescue-Heartbeats(sono mix)_4.mp3 --  (Download: 5.98 MB)

Yeah great work, I can say a couple of thing about your track master:
-when you export in mp3 format be careful to put the ceiling on your limiter between -0.5 and -1 dBFS to prevent artifacts and clipping during transcoding, your file clip through my DAW;
-my measure of your mix loudness is -8.9db LUFS integrated, ok for CD mastering, if streaming is your target you can low down a bit your loudness so you can save more dynamics;
-you can cut some high frequency from your cymbals and/or hi-hat with a dynamic EQ so you can tame some harsh while still keeping your mix bright;
Yeah you right.
I dint mix that song for 100% perfect, I know that hihats are little bit harsh etc. If I mix that for someone I could mix that with more dynamics left, less compression over all.
Good point with that mix its to start with acoustic drums, electric guitars and everything what acoustic is, and give them good sound with big headroom, the rest will pop up easily after hard job is done.
But for 6 hours mix sounds good Smile
And yes, you right, if I sending tracks for mastering(wav only), Im not using any limiter on 2bus, I always leaving -5dB peak headroom for mastering engineer, they love that so they can use good limiters, and the final result sounds 1000 times better.

Thanks
Great overall balance, really liked the kick :-)

The vocals sound great in the rock parts, and cut through the mix really well, but not so well in the EDM parts - maybe they need to be a bit brighter?

And while it's a question of taste, I didn't like the guitar effects in the outro. This is the climax of the song, and should be rocking out, hard in your face, not sounding like it was recorded from the other side of a cavern (although in fairness, they did a similar thing in the preview mix) :-)
Mixing and mastering at jtbStudio.com
My music at JazzTeddyBears.com