Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#25 It's My Right TO PARTY!!! - Deliza Mix
Hot crunchy tune! I was thinking of a raw funk band being produced by the MC5’s, but trying not to overdo things, though I’m afraid I didn’t tame those drums enough and that bass is likely to be overwhelming.

Some fellows here, like Kapu, did manage to show it its right place and make it glue nice with the kickdrum. Have to keep working on that. I think a B3 for the choruses would set this tune on fire! Well, I suck at keyboards so I put a cowbell instead. Yay or nay?

.mp3    25 - Boogiesnakes - It\'s My Right (Deliza).mp3 --  (Download: 8.13 MB)

You might need to get your tape machine serviced Deliza, I'm hearing some excessive wow on the guitar parts. lol Interesting move. Tongue
A nice stripped back version with focus on the important elements of the song that I like. Love the clarity and driving roll of the bass combined with the energy of the guitars. Not to mention the variation in the middle. Very clever.Big Grin

Hey Deliza
I like it!! Nice job on the edits, sound cool! Bass and kick sat good listening on the monitors. More Cowbell!!! lol .. kiddingTongue

Solid Mix
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(15-11-2018, 11:59 AM)Dangerous Wrote: You might need to get your tape machine serviced Deliza, I'm hearing some excessive wow on the guitar parts.

Hi Dave, I guess you mean that high pitch weird sound over the right side? It's just the drums going thru a Mutator kinda filter. I'm well aware that it might be annoying!

(15-11-2018, 05:04 PM)KMuzic Wrote: More Cowbell!!!

I took GnR's "Nightrain" as reference cos it has a loud clean cowbell, but couldn't make it sit as nicely so chickened out and kept it low. But yes, cowbells are sinister tools!

Thanks for listening!
(15-11-2018, 08:08 PM)Deliza Wrote:
(15-11-2018, 11:59 AM)Dangerous Wrote: You might need to get your tape machine serviced Deliza, I'm hearing some excessive wow on the guitar parts.

Hi Dave, I guess you mean that high pitch weird sound over the right side? It's just the drums going thru a Mutator kinda filter. I'm well aware that it might be annoying!

Not sure Deliza. I'll have to have a listen again. Sounds like tape stretching but only on the guitar parts.
This mix is on fire Deliza!

Great job, vibe and movement, great change of mood for the solo. Excellent work on the voice. If I had to be very nitpicky, I'd say the overheads (especially the crash coming from the right speaker) are invading my personal space a little too much. They're a little too harsh, or loud, or a little bit of both.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(15-11-2018, 09:15 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Not sure Deliza. I'll have to have a listen again. Sounds like tape stretching but only on the guitar parts.

Wow, I checked it out and yep, there's a tape effect on the guitars bus with a little wow n' flutter effect on, though only up to 17%!

To be honest, I'm using that flutter effect quite a lot lately since I bought this plugin, but more because I liked the idea of it that because I could actually heard it, I'm that much of a hack. Some golden ears you got there, Dave!

(16-11-2018, 12:07 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: I'd say the overheads (especially the crash coming from the right speaker) are invading my personal space a little too much.

I liked the stereo image of the cymbals like that because I often go for a sparser side with things popping up against an opposite side with steadier parts, better than everything symmetrical all the time. But yes, I can easily see it being overwhelming. It seems like pro mixes tend to favour darker and not so in-your-face OH's.

¡Gracias!

Hey Deliza. nice Mix :-)