Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nominal6: 'Escape Of The Hopping Rhinos' NEW MIX
My Mix

Comments Welcome

Cheers
KSmile

Version 2

pulled back the top end on the loops as suggested and re EQ'ed them.

Cheers
K

.mp3    Nominal6 \'Escape Of The Hopping Rhinos\'.mp3 --  (Download: 4.88 MB)

.mp3    Nominal6 \'Escape Of The Hopping Rhinos\'-02.mp3 --  (Download: 4.88 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey man cool mix, sounds hifi and detailed Smile only thing i really noticed was that the loop might need som de-essing because i feel that the hat is a bit harsh and poky. i liked the robotic stuf, sounds nice Smile.
(13-07-2018, 10:51 AM)crownoise Wrote: Hey man cool mix, sounds hifi and detailed Smile only thing i really noticed was that the loop might need som de-essing because i feel that the hat is a bit harsh and poky. i liked the robotic stuf, sounds nice Smile.

Hey Crownoise

Thanks for checking it out..Ill give that a try on the loop

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
hi! i don't the highs on loop sound that harsh, but they are 'stealing' a bit of the focus from other stuff happening. maybe just filter out the highs with gentle slope from loop, until it 'moves' into background? still, sounds very good. great mixing. ^_^
(13-07-2018, 03:14 PM)kapu Wrote: hi! i don't the highs on loop sound that harsh, but they are 'stealing' a bit of the focus from other stuff happening. maybe just filter out the highs with gentle slope from loop, until it 'moves' into background? still, sounds very good. great mixing. ^_^

Hi Kapu

I took yours and Crownoise's suggestion and took the highs out of the loops. Thanks for the suggestion, It definitely put more focus on other things going on.
Thanks
Cheers
KSmile

(13-07-2018, 09:13 PM)KMuzic Wrote:
(13-07-2018, 03:14 PM)kapu Wrote: hi! i don't the highs on loop sound that harsh, but they are 'stealing' a bit of the focus from other stuff happening. maybe just filter out the highs with gentle slope from loop, until it 'moves' into background? still, sounds very good. great mixing. ^_^

Hi Kapu

I took yours and Crownoise's suggestion and took the highs out of the loops. Thanks for the suggestion, It definitely put more focus on other things going on.
Thanks
Cheers
KSmile

Kirk, I'm preferring v1 because it's not muddy. I agree that the treble could be dealt with by an alternative approach, but rolling the trebles off simply makes it muddy as well as losing some sparkle and interest along with it because of the way frequency response is negatively affected in the whole recording. In rolling off the treble you've basically boosted the lower-mids and mids by the psychoacoustic effect. Do you want that?

The hits could be pushed back in the mix, but without touching eq. It would settle the instrument and help it bed in (ie balance) with the rest of the reverbs/delays/ambiance by reducing focus and attention on what is essentially a dry and forward element with too much amplitude. Instead of eq, I'd have gone for gentle transient control in the treble along with some added depth emu, fwiw.

The bass element also feels excessive and appears to be sucking energy from everything else higher up.

Really not happy with the timing, things are all over the shop and it's losing groove and vibe.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
Hi Monk

Thanks for listening
Good tips .. Ill try that on the next version

Cheers
K