Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Back From The Start
Hey guys,
I recently found this website/forum and I think it's a great place.
Anyways I thought I'd post my first mix in here.
Please, hit me with the comments and don't be subtle... ;-)

Thanks a lot
Juraj

( and yes, it's Back From The Start, right...?! mmm ) :-)

.mp3    Back To The Start mix 6.mp3 --  (Download: 6.29 MB)

Good mix,i like the snare sound you have here.
I think the vox could be a tad loud ,not a lot just a tad
but overall a good mix this i think
Thanks Takka,
thanks for the comments. I've been struggling where to place the vocals. There is no comp on vocals. Initially I didn't think it would be necessary but now think it may need some to level the balance little bit and to ride it up a bit as you suggested. I love the backing vocals, well performed. I'll get to it later to see if I can redo it a bit better. Also I think the overall sound it's quite upper mid rangy I don't like it much. I was trying keeping quite airy because of the backing vox. But perhaps I shouldn't be focusing on one 'instrument' in the song only because I like it and forgetting about the whole picture. Anyways thanks again. By the way are you still up or just got up...? :-)
nice mix, clean and natural Smile good job man

Hi Juraj and welcome!
I think the mix as you have it is really good. I'm not hearing any particular mid range bias so I wouldn't stress on making any changes to the song for this reason.
It has a very natural sound about the mix - nothing hyped or out of place.
I like the little flange you have on one of the guitars - it didn't become evident until the end of the song when the tail of the flanged delay rings out then I went back and listened to the track again to hear it in context. Very nice.

Oh, the very start of the song has what sounds like a burst of echo tail from a previous playback before you bounced the mix. oops

Looking forward to hearing more mixes from you. Great work on this first submission.
Dags
So many songs, so little time!
Thanks matey
(07-07-2013, 03:39 PM)Dags Wrote: Hi Juraj and welcome!
I think the mix as you have it is really good. I'm not hearing any particular mid range bias so I wouldn't stress on making any changes to the song for this reason.
It has a very natural sound about the mix - nothing hyped or out of place.
I like the little flange you have on one of the guitars - it didn't become evident until the end of the song when the tail of the flanged delay rings out then I went back and listened to the track again to hear it in context. Very nice.

Oh, the very start of the song has what sounds like a burst of echo tail from a previous playback before you bounced the mix. oops

Looking forward to hearing more mixes from you. Great work on this first submission.
Dags

Thanks Dags,
do you know how to avoid things like that burst of echo tail when bouncing to stereo mixdown?
By the way, I'm really excited about this forum that I only recently found. I hope I can learn a lot from this.

cheers matey
Weird drum sound? I like it. It creates nice room foor the band.

Spoken parts could have little less reverb. You could have some drier elements. It would emphasize the spatial feeling if some element could be nearer and other far behind.
(10-07-2013, 09:30 AM)Olli H Wrote: Weird drum sound? I like it. It creates nice room foor the band.

Spoken parts could have little less reverb. You could have some drier elements. It would emphasize the spatial feeling if some element could be nearer and other far behind.

Hey,
thanks for the comments. I was struggling with the vocals. Didn't know where to place them...Angry

Cheers Cool
Nice mix Juraj.I will agree with vocal reverb, some more experiment would be nice.Also give some body to the snare.
Overall nice mix!