Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something a bit different
Had another go at this one... After listening to several more mixes of this song and reading more of the comments on them, I wanted to make some changes to my first mix. This is the result I attempted: more kick drum presence, more snap on the snare and overall louder drums in the mix/more keys/less distortion gtr. I had loads of fun with the intro and ending, adding my take to the Pink Floyd influence of which Bill Chudziak is an obvious fan of... I hope the new arrangement parts don't offend anyone, sorry if they do, I am just learning and having fun.

.mp3    Children of No-one_New Arrangement.mp3 --  (Download: 10.18 MB)

Nice job Mick, I enjoyed the arrangement, shades of ummagumma! Awsome! keep up the good workSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(08-01-2018, 12:59 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Nice job Mick, I enjoyed the arrangement, shades of ummagumma! Awsome! keep up the good workSmile

Cheers! I was attempting to create a Pink Floyd'ish type of vibe, as Bill Chudziak mentioned that he is a Floyd fan. I really enjoyed the process of doing this... Big Grin Thanks for the listen and comment, much appreciated.
Wow! I didn't even consider re-arranging like this. Nice work, Mick. Yes, it reminds me more of early Floyd.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
(28-01-2018, 07:08 PM)davemcg61 Wrote: Wow! I didn't even consider re-arranging like this. Nice work, Mick. Yes, it reminds me more of early Floyd.

Thanks for the listen and comment, it is appreciated... happy mixing!