Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
MegamocheProd's Mix
Hi there ! Here is my attempt.

Haven't checked low frequencies on real good monitoring system. May have lots of things to be cleaned.
Needs some volume automation too.
Also needs a resonating frenquencies check up to suit as many people as possible. But this is mastering --sort of-- wich I haven't done yet.

So, after listening to the composition... I clealy wanted something like "Wolfheart" for this song.

Rythm guitar sound fully reworked on Amplitube4

Let me know what you think !

.mp3    SoP - OIAHF v4 mastered 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.07 MB)

.mp3    SoP - OIAHF.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

.mp3    SoP - OIAHF v2 mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 9.07 MB)

.mp3    SoP - OIAHF v3 mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 9.07 MB)

Sound Engineer @ MegamocheProd
Working on Cubase 9.5 Pro
Gear : Yamaha HS-7 // Sennheiser HD-25 // BeyerDynamics MMX-300 // Steinberg UR22 MKII
(03-01-2018, 03:03 PM)jugx Wrote: Hi there ! Here is my attempt.

Haven't checked low frequencies on real good monitoring system. May have lots of things to be cleaned.
Needs some volume automation too.
Also needs a resonating frenquencies check up to suit as many people as possible. But this is mastering --sort of-- wich I haven't done yet.

So, after listening to the composition... I clealy wanted something like "Wolfheart" for this song.

Rythm guitar sound fully reworked on Amplitube4

Let me know what you think !

Hi jugx!! Amazing mix!

There is only one thing that i would add: trying to bring up the EQ of the kick on the 60-80hz spectrum in order to give that low bass punch that now it lacks.

Beside that amazing job! Keep up with your good work! Big Grin
Check out my bands: 

Umbriferous - https://umbriferous.bandcamp.com/releases

Storm Of Particles - https://stormofparticles.bandcamp.com/releases
How I like this kind of comment :p Thx a lot !

Of course I will bring back that low kick punch ! Smile
But not with an EQ, the vst I used can be kind of messy around there, but I think I know how to deal with it. I discovered a trick while working on something else, time to see if it may work everytime ! :p
I will also try to give the snare more punch in the attack, to make it feel more like it has the power of a gunshot. Realy want to reach that Wolfheart's snare feel. (By the way, is that band an influence ? Because this is absolutely what this track reminds me, especially your singer's voice)

Then I'll finish the cleaning job, automate some things, master it and...
Well, hope that you like it so hard you want it for your full album :p
Gear : Yamaha HS-7 // Sennheiser HD-25 // BeyerDynamics MMX-300 // Steinberg UR22 MKII
Sounds really good. Epic with tons of energy.

I agree with snabaz about the kick drums lows. And I agree with you that the 100Hz-200Hz resonances need a little massaging.

Starting to wonder if those semitone intervals between the bass and rhythm guitar in the solo are deliberate, as no-one else has changed them...
Thx for the comment mate.

Gonna take some time to finish the thing tomorrow. Let's hope i'm not gonna kill everything xD

I'm also thinking of a little rythm guitar sound rework, to get something more... consistent with the acoustic guitars tone.
At the moment I feel it's kinda jumping from an atmosphere to a fully different one. It makes me cringe a bit.
UP !

Just added a final version. Let me know what you guys think ! Smile
Sounds good!

Thumbs up Smile
very good mix I like it a lot ,I like how you have the intro lower to force the listener to crank up the volume and be hit by the impact of the music.
listening on Ns10's at the moment noticed when I do a slight eq dip around 200 -300 with a wide q and a shelf eq 1.3 db around 7k and a slight bump at 1.5k you mix fits better compared to some random reference tracks.

Well Done Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Damn you ! You've got those ultimate master control machines that are the NS10 ! ^^

Thx for the appreciation. Smile
As I've just decided myself to do mix as pro, it helps a lot having this kind of comment Smile
Hey jugx i like this mix, you made it sound really modern and have nice harmony-control in the guitars Smile also like overall tone of master, aint harsh in any way, wish i had the courage (stamina Tongue??) to make this song this good hehe ;D... good job. Only one or 2 things i noticed is kick could have more upper punch, just a tiny db's boost. Also i think that some of the sustained pumpy guitars could get some de-essing, otherwise i would presume that you are a guitarist/metal-head that are around 20??? ;D seems like this is you're genre.