Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marcus Boeltz, Shut up and play new mix
Finally got around to mixing this fantastic track,i thought i needed to mult one of the guitar tracks to give more of that funky vibe,let me know what you guys think please.

My original mix 2 i did one of the worst thing one can do when mixing!!! mixing after a long day at work when ears are very tired, my snare more or less disappeared Big Grin mix 2 redone is better,ANY ONE????

.mp3    Marcus Boeltz Shut up and play mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.03 MB)

.mp3    Marcus Boeltz Shut up and play mix2 redone.mp3 --  (Download: 5.94 MB)

.mp3    Marcus Boeltz Shut up and play new mix.mp3 --  (Download: 5.8 MB)

I like the punchiness of the drums. The main thing that jumps out of me is the distorted tone of the rhythm guitar kind of masks the lead. Both guitars feel a bit 'hyped'. I think there needs to be some contrast between the two.
Hi Cudjoe ,
listening on headphones and phone at the moment ,Nice solid mix ,cool effects in the intro ,on the phone and in mono on headphones the snare sounds a touch in the background ,listening in stereo the room or overheads are louder in the side channels.
Very minor things probably just my personal taste with some more central drums especially the snare .

well Done .

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(10-10-2017, 05:16 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I like the punchiness of the drums. The main thing that jumps out of me is the distorted tone of the rhythm guitar kind of masks the lead. Both guitars feel a bit 'hyped'. I think there needs to be some contrast between the two.
Thanks Roy for that mix2 uploaded.
(10-10-2017, 11:53 PM)thedon Wrote: Hi Cudjoe ,
listening on headphones and phone at the moment ,Nice solid mix ,cool effects in the intro ,on the phone and in mono on headphones the snare sounds a touch in the background ,listening in stereo the room or overheads are louder in the side channels.
Very minor things probably just my personal taste with some more central drums especially the snare .

well Done .

Cheers Big Grin
Cheers Don for your comments mix 2 is uploaded.

(10-10-2017, 04:07 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: mix 2 redone is better,ANY ONE????

Hey Cudjoe.

both mixes sound pretty good

For my money, mix 1 sounds better balanced to my ears overall.

Mix 2 lead guitar levels seem lower and more set-back in the mix.....a bit distant even.

I know you said you had issues with the snare in mix 1 but i think overall the drums sound better and give more energy in mix 1 too. This may be a balance thing ' cos they sound good in the intro but as part of the ensemble performance they seem a bit diminished.

probably not the feedback you were looking for but its just what i heard on A/B listening.

hope it helps,

cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
Hi Simon the only feedback I like is the honest ones good or bad,I fully respect your comments and I will look into the snare thing,cheers mate.
Thought i would do a new mix,i also added a snare to help it cut through.
Reaper user