Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That`s Entertainment First Mix by Max Borghetti
Hi, i am new and learning always. I would thanks any tips to grow my skills and knowlodge in Audio Mixing.

Thanks.

.mp3    Thats Entertainment First Mix MaxBorghetti.mp3 --  (Download: 5.62 MB)

Hello maxborghetti,

A song in the library that I haven't listened to in a while.

I enjoyed your rendition and it sounds like a confident mix. A couple of things jump out at me though. The piano sounds a little dry and forward. For me, it's missing the performance space that the choir is placed in. Also the piano part is becoming lost to the singing and is difficult to hear at times. Some tough things to get right I know, but I hope this helps.

Dave
(06-10-2017, 11:30 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hello maxborghetti,

A song in the library that I haven't listened to in a while.

I enjoyed your rendition and it sounds like a confident mix. A couple of things jump out at me though. The piano sounds a little dry and forward. For me, it's missing the performance space that the choir is placed in. Also the piano part is becoming lost to the singing and is difficult to hear at times. Some tough things to get right I know, but I hope this helps.

Dave

Thanks so much for the feedback. i had made some changes, tried to correct the space issue. Also tried to make the piano more wet and no that upfront. let me know if you perceive more depth or if its still too forward. i am experimenting cause i am learning...

.mp3    Thats Entertainment Second Mix MaxBorghetti.mp3 --  (Download: 5.62 MB)

Listening with headphones, the performance does seem more cohesive with this pass. I guess you have to decide whether to take the piano from the players perspective or from the audience. Maybe a more monaural approach to the piano would work better amidst the choir as far as a listeners perspective. A subjective matter, but something to think about.