Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Roots Of Mankind'
Here is version 1 ,
Thanks to the band for the multi tracks !
Well played and sounds nice and tight.
Spent about 2 -3 hours so far not sure if on the right track.
Just panned the guitars and some eq and compression.
Didn't replace any drums ,tried to tame some mid bass frequencies but still needs more work especially the balance with upper frequency build up and some harsh frequencies on the guitars.
Decided to post this first version to get some thoughts.

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Roots Of Mankind V1...mp3 --  (Download: 13.16 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi Don ! I'm Perpetual Escape's drummer Smile

As usual your mix is great ! Everything sits well in the mix, and for the first time, I DO like the sound of my snare drum :p Can you show me what you did on it to make it sound like this ?

The guitars sound very "organic" and natural, yet with a nice rock sound. The bass sounds a bit behind the rest of the instruments. Maybe some grit could help to bring it more in front ?

I can feel the reverbs on the guitars a bit too much for my taste. Nothing wrong you did, but it's obvious at the beginning of the outro when there's only one guitar on the right. The reverb is disturbing on the other side.

That's a fantastic job you did ! Thank you Smile
Thanks for having a listen ,I will do some more work on the guitars and the effects.
I like the sound of yours drums a lot and tried to preserve your sound and tunning , could have probably added a sample for some top end splash mainly for my taste and for some bottom end re-enforcement
but like the way they sound as is.
used the snare up 1 with everything below 60 hz rolled off.
scooped out 500hz about -15 and done a shelf boost 2k and above around 4.5 db and used an 1176 compressor.

Here is a mix down of the snare 1 up with eq and 1176.

Cheers Big Grin

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Roots of Mandkind snare up 1.mp3 --  (Download: 14.26 MB)

Nice! The stereo image feels kind of phasey from time to time, something that usually never happens in your mixes. Have you panned mics from the same amp opposite or something? Anyways, again great separation and punch. Nothing to add. If I were a gambling man I'd say there's a lot of parallel particles present. ^_^
(07-12-2016, 10:41 AM)kapu Wrote: Nice! The stereo image feels kind of phasey from time to time, something that usually never happens in your mixes. Have you panned mics from the same amp opposite or something? Anyways, again great separation and punch. Nothing to add. If I were a gambling man I'd say there's a lot of parallel particles present. ^_^
Hi Kapu ,
Will checkout the phasey sound and look the panning.
As I already know ,You have really good ears and I almost lost my money ,I'm trying out the infected mushroom pusher on the master bus which is very similar to the parallel particles Wink.

Thanks for having a listen Big Grin

G'day Don, this is way cool,

Love the big drum sound you've achieved. Who needs samples when you can get them to sound like that! Drums are certainly your Forte. Well done.

I also like the aggressive guitar tones, although I felt like I was missing something in the left ear (headphone listening). It was a pleasant relief when at 3:53 the guitar came in on this side. I'm not familiar with these mult's yet but I'm wondering if there'e a guitar part that can be panned left for some complementary balance in this regard.

Overall, I like the attitude, energy and tone you have presented here.
Hi Don

The mix is very good balance on guitars work well with vocals and bass...
There is one downside imo. The drums are too loud. The nergy you got on them is great and I think it pushes your mix a great deal but it sounds like the drums are the leader here.
Nothing wrong with that maybe but the drums in mono are even louder.

Just a taste thing I suppose.
Great work.
(07-12-2016, 11:52 AM)Dangerous Wrote: G'day Don, this is way cool,

Love the big drum sound you've achieved. Who needs samples when you can get them to sound like that! Drums are certainly your Forte. Well done.

I also like the aggressive guitar tones, although I felt like I was missing something in the left ear (headphone listening). It was a pleasant relief when at 3:53 the guitar came in on this side. I'm not familiar with these mult's yet but I'm wondering if there'e a guitar part that can be panned left for some complementary balance in this regard.

Overall, I like the attitude, energy and tone you have presented here.
G'day Dave ,
Crikey you have good ears listening back I agree about the guitars.

Thanks for having a listen.

Cheers Big Grin

(07-12-2016, 07:46 PM)Shul Wrote: Hi Don

The mix is very good balance on guitars work well with vocals and bass...
There is one downside imo. The drums are too loud. The nergy you got on them is great and I think it pushes your mix a great deal but it sounds like the drums are the leader here.
Nothing wrong with that maybe but the drums in mono are even louder.

Just a taste thing I suppose.
Great work.
Hi Shul,,
I'm happy you like my mix ,
Listening back I agree will work on some more balance especially the drums .
For having a listen and valuable feedback much appreciated.

Cheer Big Grin

Good work,keep it up mate