Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned From The Zoo - Fish Tacos (Harrison Mixbus32c Version)
A colleague of mine suggested I revisit the Harrison Mixbus product with the release of Mixbus32c. I never could connect with the first Mixbus, but the Mixbus32c I have to say after spending an hour on this mix/master I am really impressed how much it sounds like the real console. This kind of song has a "folk" feel to it so the 32C is the color I'd prefer to use on these kinds of songs. Mixbus32C is officially in my console emu rotation.

24/44.1 Mixed and Mastered completely in Harrison Mixbus32c (for 1:1 playback of High Rez files in Mac, please download the file and use Bitperfect for iTunes in the Mac App Store, or PC audiophile quality player, usually known to also accept DSD files)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/xqr/Fish+Tacos_...ession.wav

.mp3    Fish Tacos_Mastered_MB32c_session.mp3 --  (Download: 8.54 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
Updated with Harrison Mixbus32c version
Nice Mix Sounds warm and well balanced , I'm not going to complain about the ride cymbal bleed lol as this one has been a real challenge for me.
Can hear a touch of distortion on the kick.
I'm wondering if other plugins including Waves work with mixbus32c as might give it a try ?

Cheers Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(30-04-2016, 11:39 AM)thedon Wrote: Nice Mix Sounds warm and well balanced , I'm not going to complain about the ride cymbal bleed lol as this one has been a real challenge for me.
I'm wondering if other plugins including Waves work with mixbus32c as might give it a try ?

Cheers Big Grin !

Hey Don: I can affirm Waves does work in MB32c.. I used Waves GW Voicecentric under a UA LA2A and UA 1176AE on the vocal channel, and in fact I had no issue placing in plugins at all.. Harmonica solo is in a lightly applied Lexicon Native PCM Hall..

The kick/snare I used the Sonnox Oxford Envolution for transient punch..

I did this mix in under 30mins evaluating MB32c and that timing was mostly due to it already having "the sound" which normally takes time to add plugins in PT to get. It was very easy and fast to get leveling done, pop in plugins, cleanup edit the track stems, apply the mastering chain and print to file.

Overall I am really impressed and satisfied to finally have the "Harrison sound" in my toolbox for Jazz, Folk, or when I want something to sound like a Jam&Lewis production.
(30-04-2016, 12:24 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote:
(30-04-2016, 11:39 AM)thedon Wrote: Nice Mix Sounds warm and well balanced , I'm not going to complain about the ride cymbal bleed lol as this one has been a real challenge for me.

Cheers Big Grin !

Hey Don: I can affirm Waves does work in MB32c.. I used Waves GW Voicecentric under a UA LA2A and UA 1176AE on the vocal channel, and in fact I had no issue placing in plugins at all.. Harmonica solo is in a lightly applied Lexicon Native PCM Hall..

The kick/snare I used the Sonnox Oxford Envolution for transient punch..

I did this mix in under 30mins evaluating MB32c and that timing was mostly due to it already having "the sound" which normally takes time to add plugins in PT to get. It was very easy and fast to get leveling done, pop in plugins, cleanup edit the track stems, apply the mastering chain and print to file.

Overall I am really impressed and satisfied to finally have the "Harrison sound" in my toolbox for Jazz, Folk, or when I want something to sound like a Jam&Lewis production.
Thanks will add it to my arsenal of hobby mixing daws !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts