Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forkupines in your face
Hey everyone,
this is the first time I mixed a complete song!
I know there's probably a lot of room for improvement, so if you wanna help me stepping up my game a little faster, please leave some tips!
I'm quite happy with how it turned out though, it sounds a little more "meaty" than some of the mixes around here, which I personally enjoy.
But maybe my ears haven't developed enough just yet to make out some crucial flaws??
Well, anyways, have a great day and keep on being lovely!

.mp3    The Forkupines - Sleep by the fire Bloom in the Water.mp3 --  (Download: 3.78 MB)

(31-10-2015, 04:55 PM)SirBerndelforth Wrote: Hey everyone,
this is the first time I mixed a complete song!
I know there's probably a lot of room for improvement, so if you wanna help me stepping up my game a little faster, please leave some tips!
I'm quite happy with how it turned out though, it sounds a little more "meaty" than some of the mixes around here, which I personally enjoy.
But maybe my ears haven't developed enough just yet to make out some crucial flaws??
Well, anyways, have a great day and keep on being lovely!

Hi SirBerndelforth

This is way too nice for your first full mix so, I think you're lying and I'm not going to leave any comments Tongue Hahahaha just kidding.

Ok, Lead vocal verb is a little too dark and hollow sounding, should be shorter with a tad more straight ahead clarity but not to toppy. The verb on the kit would sound better too I think if it was more of a tight room with very little pre-delay and no more than .750 millisecond taill. The drums could also be more in stereo. The kit does sound really nice though. The balance could be a little tighter but it's very close. The guitars need to spread out more in the stereo field too. Even though now they sound a little left side heavy or more bottomy there. Nice bass but I love hearing more of the edgy amped sound myself. The b'vox balanced sounded reversed balance wise to me. The track marked backing vocals is usually the main body of the b'vox with the other two vocal tracks tucked nice and tightly underneath. Maybe you could try that balance and see if you like it better. Or maybe I should just get used to things being done differently and shu-upCool
The energy goes down a bit in the last pre, I'd suggest adding more bass and enhancing the kit there, even go for a totaly different sound, maybe?
All in all it's a great first full mix. just remeber to keep an eye on your 2bus levels and use a tiny bit less compression wherever you can. I usually compress instead limiting myself. Thanks for sharing Keep at it.
Smile Smile TC
To loud snare and very resonant. Drums very mono - I like wider Smile Try to make whole mix bit louder. Done Smile
I think what knop_tnt tried to say is that your snare will be a little too present if you make your mix louder (which is the only thing you might have yet to do). But like that it's sounding fine! Like it Smile
Hi Mate

great mix , great balance and sounds great on my stereo. a Bit of tweaking on the width to make it a bit more full but that's it. If that's a first mix , I need to practice more lol

Memphis
Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/