Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peppermark - Another Feeling Mix and Master
Nice track, thanks Peppermark. Here's my attempt. Hope you like it. Smile

.m4a    Peppermark_AnotherFeeling.m4a --  (Download: 14.08 MB)

.m4a    Peppermark_AnotherFeeling-2.m4a --  (Download: 14.07 MB)

Focusrite Solo | Presonus Eris E5 | Custom box JBL subwoofer | Sennheiser 6XX | Reaper
Glad you liked it <3

Nice mix, i could hear you were pretty conservative with your moves cause drums dont sound all that processed.

Liked how you turn up all the other guitar tracks, it gave the song more dynamics, but i do miss the rhythm gtrs in other parts. Automating the volume (turning up guitar 1 when others are not playing) should solve that.

Solo is very well placed as well, but i do feel it lacks a bit of low end, maybe being less agressive with hipass works fine.

Anyways, thanks for mixing!!
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh
(02-10-2023, 02:20 PM)Peppermark Wrote: Glad you liked it <3

Nice mix, i could hear you were pretty conservative with your moves cause drums dont sound all that processed.

Liked how you turn up all the other guitar tracks, it gave the song more dynamics, but i do miss the rhythm gtrs in other parts. Automating the volume (turning up guitar 1 when others are not playing) should solve that.

Solo is very well placed as well, but i do feel it lacks a bit of low end, maybe being less agressive with hipass works fine.

Anyways, thanks for mixing!!

Thank you, appreciate the feedback.

For the drums I did a fair bit of eq and saturation on the main kick, the sample 1 and 2 are basically untouched, but there's some eq and compression on a kick bus. Snare I just did some small eq moves and some light saturation, but it's compressed about 9-10db. On room/overheads I did sweetdrums by Analog Obsession, Devil-loc. That's about it. Basic eq and compression on the toms.

I'm still pretty new to mixing so I don't know what constitutes a lot or a little processing but that's what's done to them at least. Smile

Made some changes to the guitars, automated some of the main rhythm guitar and backed off the highpass a bit on the solo, V2.
Focusrite Solo | Presonus Eris E5 | Custom box JBL subwoofer | Sennheiser 6XX | Reaper
Nice!!

If those were the only adjustments to the drums, then i would say it's not much (at least not for this genre). since you're new to mixing i'd say keep up with that philosophy of not going to crazy with processing, only do what's necessary for the mix (sometimes agressive moves like the snare compression or frequency notching in some distorted guitars and bass it's still necessary, don't be afraid of those) and you're probably good to go!

Solo is indeed better, nice work there.

Last but not least, try remixing this song (and other songs as well) in a few days or weeks after listening to some other works... i'd reccomend Periphery, Monuments, Jason Richardson and Architects. that will make your skills even better.

As always, thanks for mixing Big Grin
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh