Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack Hutcheson - The Psychopath (Hein-Ivan Mix)
My try on this fine track. It was a challenge to mix, but also fun. Thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

.mp3    Jack Hutcheson - The Psychopath.mp3 --  (Download: 11.1 MB)

Very nice, love the drums. I can see you had the same struggles of trying to balance but have items replace a vocal lead per say. I can hear your pop sensibilities in the mix.
Everyone hears it a little different....
House of Bedlam - YouTube
Great balance. Each elements speaks from himself.
Great work!
Smile
(05-11-2021, 12:33 PM)HouseOfBedlam Wrote: Very nice, love the drums. I can see you had the same struggles of trying to balance but have items replace a vocal lead per say. I can hear your pop sensibilities in the mix.
Hi HouseOfBedlam! Thank you for your comments and yes, it's true, I'm leaning a bit more towards pop in my mixing. Cheers!
(05-11-2021, 08:33 PM)Unknow Mixer Wrote: Great balance. Each elements speaks from himself.
Great work!
Smile
Hi Unknow Mixer! Many thanks for the comments. Cheers!
Very nice. I like how clear and well presented the orchestra is. I do however feel the rhythm guitars are too quiet in comparison. The guitar solos however seem well placed. Nice work! Cheers.
Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes
(06-11-2021, 12:57 AM)NotJack Wrote: Very nice. I like how clear and well presented the orchestra is. I do however feel the rhythm guitars are too quiet in comparison. The guitar solos however seem well placed. Nice work! Cheers.
Hi NotJack! Many thanks for the comments. Cheers!
That's the same struggle i had, how far over the guitars do i push it. Do i treat it like a vocal or like an instrument in the mix... :-P
Everyone hears it a little different....
House of Bedlam - YouTube
(06-11-2021, 11:25 AM)HouseOfBedlam Wrote: That's the same struggle i had, how far over the guitars do i push it. Do i treat it like a vocal or like an instrument in the mix... :-P
Hi! Yes, it's sometimes a difficult decision. Smile
Hi heinim,
You did a nice balanced mix, only the rhythm guitar could have a tiny bit more punch. But only for my taste.
Well done.