Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesse Joy - Release (MIX/MASTER)
Hello All!
Here is my try in this project. Very mellow track, so enjoyable.
I aimed to give it a touch of an ethereal effect.
Cheers!

.mp3    Jesse_Joy_Release_(MIX_MASTER)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 7.9 MB)

I like it. I think I'm hearing some compression artifacts when the kick hits and at the end when the loop comes in but that's the only thing that jumps out at me.
(20-07-2021, 12:33 PM)RoyM Wrote: I like it. I think I'm hearing some compression artifacts when the kick hits and at the end when the loop comes in but that's the only thing that jumps out at me.
Hey Roy!. Good to see you.
Thank You for the feedback. Smile
Glad you like it besides of that issue.
Maybe i will go back to fix it.
Cheers pal!
Solid throughout. I feel you underutilized the strings as a dynamic element in the song structure. other than that, very strong.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(21-07-2021, 05:14 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Solid throughout. I feel you underutilized the strings as a dynamic element in the song structure. other than that, very strong.
Thank you! Mix in the Cloud for the feedback.
Coming from an experienced mixer it means alot to me.
Am glad that you find the work "Solid" Smile
On the subject of the cellos, I just make them comforting to my ear, but of course if the artist would like to hear them more noticeable i would make those changes.
Many thanx again
Cheers!
(22-07-2021, 01:34 AM)Unknow Mixer Wrote:
(21-07-2021, 05:14 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Solid throughout. I feel you underutilized the strings as a dynamic element in the song structure. other than that, very strong.
Thank you! Mix in the Cloud for the feedback.
Coming from an experienced mixer it means alot to me.
Am glad that you find the work "Solid" Smile
On the subject of the cellos, I just make them comforting to my ear, but of course if the artist would like to hear them more noticeable i would make those changes.
Many thanx again
Cheers!
Can I ask what you are monitoring with and at what levels? I ask because I found the listen level really affected my string mix. I'm wondering what levels you are listen at. Did you see Jaquire King's post on that recently?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
[quote pid='111145' dateline='1627083921']
Can I ask what you are monitoring with and at what levels? I ask because I found the listen level really affected my string mix. I'm wondering what levels you are listen at. Did you see Jaquire King's post on that recently?
[/quote]

I use my studio monitors and headphones, in my headphones at low-mid level, in my monitors at 60 dB's. All my mixes are by ear, i have similar tracks like this one in my personal library, so that makes for me a BIG help, but i add my personal touch. I think i left the cellos at -4 or -5 dB's to be honest i don't have it clear, i just put them were i felt them right. I think that the cellos speaks from himself so well, you know. All that i used on them were Eq Vol and Pan, all the work at -14 Lufs, -1 dB. And i didn't see any post from Jacquire King or from any fellow recently, which one? Where i can find it?
Hope that this were heplfull
Cheers!
(24-07-2021, 04:14 AM)Unknow Mixer Wrote: [quote pid='111145' dateline='1627083921']

I use my studio monitors and headphones, in my headphones at low-mid level, in my monitors at 60 dB's. All my mixes are by ear, i have similar tracks like this one in my personal library, so that makes for me a BIG help, but i add my personal touch. I think i left the cellos at -4 or -5 dB's to be honest i don't have it clear, i just put them were i felt them right. I think that the cellos speaks from himself so well, you know. All that i used on them were Eq Vol and Pan, all the work at -14 Lufs, -1 dB. And i didn't see any post from Jacquire King or from any fellow recently, which one? Where i can find it?
Hope that this were heplfull
Cheers!
[/quote]
I am not keen on any stating 'how to monitor correctly' as I'm not sure there is just one way, but here is the link to the post I referred too. It seems to make a lot of sense: Studio Monitoring Levels for Mixing | How To Monitor correctly w/ Jacquire King
May I ask what kind of automation you used and where?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(25-07-2021, 01:50 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I am not keen on any stating 'how to monitor correctly' as I'm not sure there is just one way, but here is the link to the post I referred too. It seems to make a lot of sense: Studio Monitoring Levels for Mixing | How To Monitor correctly w/ Jacquire King
May I ask what kind of automation you used and where?
Good video, without knowing about this info looks like i been follow this similar way to mix.
Thanx for the info Smile
And the only automation that i used in this mix where: at the rev cymbals, autopaning. And vol. on the kick, in the impact of the loop percution, thats it. Reverbs were my firts option 'cos as i mention before, i was looking for an etheral touch effect in this particular project. Hope this where helpfull.
Cheers!