Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bill Chudziak: 'Children Of No-one' Jacques mix
Hello everyone!!!

This is my mix, ask before for some suggestions but no replay Sad ...
So... I went my way Smile !!!
Hope you enjoy.

All best

.mp3    Bill Chudziak-Children of no one r2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.9 MB)

Couple o things come to mind after the listen.First i really like what you did to the sound effects in the intro, theres a bird lik sound I havent heard before, whether you created that or emphasized it, clever move !
I think the guitar parts in intro are a bit confusin when they play together, you give them the same delay and thus they are tied together instead of separated by diffrent effects.
When the band hits the sound becomes very bright and a bit thin, maybe hicuttin too high and hard ..., and the vox is a good bit too loud for my taste. When the guitarsolo hits it could be louder.

All in all I think the mix is god, just some levels I dont agree with, and a lack of bas/warmth and some hi frequency energy boost that could come from masterin ?

Solution could be turnin vox down, automatin guitarsolo bit up, lookin into delay for introguitars, separate them.
And lettin more lowend through.

Hope I make sense Big Grin

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(13-10-2013, 02:03 PM)Voelund Wrote: Couple o things come to mind after the listen.First i really like what you did to the sound effects in the intro, theres a bird lik sound I havent heard before, whether you created that or emphasized it, clever move !
I think the guitar parts in intro are a bit confusin when they play together, you give them the same delay and thus they are tied together instead of separated by diffrent effects.
When the band hits the sound becomes very bright and a bit thin, maybe hicuttin too high and hard ..., and the vox is a good bit too loud for my taste. When the guitarsolo hits it could be louder.

All in all I think the mix is god, just some levels I dont agree with, and a lack of bas/warmth and some hi frequency energy boost that could come from masterin ?

Solution could be turnin vox down, automatin guitarsolo bit up, lookin into delay for introguitars, separate them.
And lettin more lowend through.

Hope I make sense Big Grin
Thanks, yes probably there is too much high energy boost on mastering, and like all your advice. Gonna work soon again Wink All best
Yeeesssss! Good Song! I'll try to mix it!

Bye!
My Band - FireLips
(13-10-2013, 02:03 PM)Voelund Wrote: Couple o things come to mind after the listen.First i really like what you did to the sound effects in the intro, theres a bird lik sound I havent heard before...

That bird noise was something that was much more apparent in a keyboard preview I had for this song during the original mixing process. To my ears it sounded like the lead guitarist and keyboard player were having an argument and the keyboard player was basically saying the lead guitarist was an ass hat for going heavy. The way I interpreted it was the keyboard player was saying the lead guitarist was a bit 'Cuckoo'.

Anyway, great job to all those contributing. You guys are great!!!

Cheers

Bill

.mp3    Keyboard_Preview_Children_Of_No_One.mp3 --  (Download: 3.53 MB)

(20-11-2013, 04:06 PM)chudziak Wrote:
(13-10-2013, 02:03 PM)Voelund Wrote: Couple o things come to mind after the listen.First i really like what you did to the sound effects in the intro, theres a bird lik sound I havent heard before...

That bird noise was something that was much more apparent in a keyboard preview I had for this song during the original mixing process. To my ears it sounded like the lead guitarist and keyboard player were having an argument and the keyboard player was basically saying the lead guitarist was an ass hat for going heavy. The way I interpreted it was the keyboard player was saying the lead guitarist was a bit 'Cuckoo'.

Anyway, great job to all those contributing. You guys are great!!!

Cheers

Bill

Thanks Bill!!!

I really appreciate your comment and also to ear the preview Smile

I'm gonna look again on the mix to make it sound better and also with more your vision in my mind.

All best

Jacques
This is an awesome agressive mix!!!!!
"Anything too dumb to be spoken should be sung" Know your bones - aKing