Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Fytakyte - Disconnected 4.0
Hi,

Thanks for checking back and for all the comments! I've just uploaded mix 2.1 which I hope is a touch less flat sounding.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Yup, that's a little more lively - nice improvement.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hi!

Have been ruminating over the comments in posts #3 and #10 all week and took another swing at it.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
I've only checked out mix 3.1 and I suck so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

In the intro, the 'kick drum' kinda percussion on the left side has a lot of 'weight'. I don't know if it's just low end (100hz area?) or what but it kind of dominates the intro. For me at least. And I want to focus on the vocals in the intro but there's a lot going on, musically, and I think the vocals could be a bit more center stage in the intro, in general.

Overall, the mix is a bit too mono for my tastes and I want to say that's bad but honestly, I can hear everything. It's a busy arrangement at times, in a good way, and I'd think spreading the elements across the stereo image would be a good thing to open up some space for the vocals. But, it works. So good job there. I'd still like more stereoness but I'm just being greedy.

I do feel like the guitars electronic are kind of in the way of the vocals. They could either come back or just be eq'd differently to make some space for the vocals. It feels like everything is vying for the 2k real estate. And maybe in in the 700-800 Hz range. Yes, I said 'in twice'.

Anyhoo. I'm late to the party but that's what jumped out at me, globally on that mix.
Hi!

Appreciate you checking it out - very helpful actually. I think I've somehow ended up going down completely the wrong road with this one... Going to give it a another shot having slept on it.

Cheers!
Hi!

Added mix 4.0. Roy was right?

Cheers!
4.0 feels better to me but I'm biased. It feels a bit cleaner overall. No real complaints. If I were nit picking I'd say the tambo is a bit loud for my tastes but I tend to always feel that way about tambourines.
(28-10-2023, 05:53 PM)Roy Wrote: 4.0 feels better to me but I'm biased. It feels a bit cleaner overall. No real complaints. If I were nit picking I'd say the tambo is a bit loud for my tastes but I tend to always feel that way about tambourines.

Hey thanks for checking it out. I might see about tweaking the tambourine tomorrow.

Cheers!
Listened to Disconnected 4.0
What can I say... wow ! great mix !
(25-02-2024, 07:11 PM)phil_basement Wrote: Listened to Disconnected 4.0
What can I say... wow ! great mix !

Hi,

Thanks - much appreciated. There's still a lot of room for improvement though. Not an easy mix.

Cheers!