Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About This Multitrack
Hi Mike,

had a few questions. You talk about phase issues. Will it be a problem in the stereo mix or will it just stick out when it is summed to mono. Also when i line up the tracks in protools they seem to have a similar waveform and i cannot see any phase issues there. May be I am missing a trick. Would the trim plugin inverting the phase solve the issue or is it a deeper problem. Are you talking about sample delaying the tracks a little bit(how much delay ?) .Could you please elaborate on this. Pardon my ignorance.

Also is it advisable to get creative with effects and panning when mixing a live orchestra or should you aim to represent the live setting as closely as possible. For example I am thinking of isolating the harpischord freq wise in the ms pair mic and panning it to the right to balance the loud oboe. Is that what you were intending the MS eq for .Similarly isolating the low strings and panning them in the centre. Would harmonic exciters be advisable or some sort of saturation ? Or are these just used in pop or such mixes.

If you could please answer these questions. would be a great help. Phase is still a mystery in this case and generally. Please if you could explain that .

thankyou.
nitin

Messages In This Thread
About This Multitrack - by Mike Senior - 12-06-2012, 08:36 AM
RE: About This Multitrack - by Kaivalya - 19-07-2012, 06:54 AM
RE: About This Multitrack - by Mike Senior - 19-07-2012, 07:55 AM
RE: About This Multitrack - by Mike Senior - 24-03-2020, 12:38 PM
RE: About This Multitrack - by gar2tone - 25-03-2020, 08:33 AM