Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Juliet's Rescue - Heartbeats (Hid Mix)
Interesting use of reverb on the hats, and it's also nice to hear someone giving the kick a wash too -- not done very often. I'd be tempted to give that reverbs a bit more high-pass filtering, because it distances and clouds things a touch too much for my taste -- especially on the vocals. To be honest, reverb wouldn't be my first choice on the verses of this song, because delays give better clarity and focus to the dry sound. You could probably just must your vocal reverb, I think, and maybe fade up the delay send a bit instead.

Is the snare a bit too toppy? It does cut through the chorus nicely, but it seems as if it's trying to compete too much in the regions where the cymbals, guitars, and vocals are also battling it out. If you've not already done so, multing the snare might make sense for that reason. I'd probably give the snare a touch of some kind of short reverb for the choruses too, because it's feeling a bit too forward somehow, making the guitar illusion less impressive.

Nice reverse reverb effect for the vocal break! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Juliet's Rescue - Heartbeats (Hid Mix) - by Mike Senior - 19-02-2013, 12:02 PM