Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Child Is This - AZ Mix
So here's my take on this tune. One of my Christmas favorites, actually. Smile

There were some interesting problems in trying to get this, not the least of which was getting enough gain on all the tracks to work with (which made that cymbal roll a little less than well behaved.) I had to shift a few notes here any there to line up an entrance or two and then shift the bass drum forward about 20 ms at a couple of spots to offset it from had syllables in the vocals. Much automation exists on that vocal line and a lot of careful compression. (I'll also say that I spotted Waves promo last week for the Fairchild plugin and decided to jump on it. I think I have found my new Go-To plugin for clean vocals! I love the sound of that thing!)

So this is the results of about 11 hours work over the last three days and me trying to do an above average job because its a tune I especially like. Hopefully you all will like the results. I just finished this mix about 30 minutes ago and, really, should let it settle overnight, but I think what I have is pretty close to what I'd end up with.

I hope you like what you hear!

.mp3    what-child-is-this.mp3 --  (Download: 8.15 MB)

Old West Audio

Messages In This Thread
What Child Is This - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 21-12-2014, 05:45 AM
RE: What Child Is This - AZ Mix - by Olli H - 21-12-2014, 10:48 AM
RE: What Child Is This - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 21-12-2014, 09:25 PM
RE: What Child Is This - AZ Mix - by azwayne - 25-12-2014, 03:46 AM