Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gallitoh's Mix and Master
Yeah you gained a lot of volume - definitely more than my mix! -, and this master is cool too. Maybe, just for my tastes, just a little too much distortion added, that little too much that makes you lose some definition.
I am no mastering pro, but I think sharing personal experiences is always welcome, so here's mine about volume: converted your mp3 in wav and found it was clipping, +0.2 dBTP. Other mixes of this song I measured were clipping too after conversion, so it's quite common practice (don't take this as a critic!). In my experience I found that the mp3 mastering practice of setting the final limiter output to -1dB instead of -0.1dB (used for CD mastering) always has good results in being safe, and you can convert without clipping. If you use a safe true peak limiter -0.8dB is often good too (I used this setting for my mix).
Sometimes in mastering meters are good friends, I also find very useful comparing different mix versions at same average LUFS level (after the untouched-levels comparison), it really can change your mind about what is better - volume's such a lier! -

Messages In This Thread
Gallitoh's Mix and Master - by gallitoh - 04-08-2014, 07:14 AM
RE: Gallitoh's Mix and Master - by marco - 13-08-2014, 07:17 AM
RE: Gallitoh's Mix and Master - by gallitoh - 13-08-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: Gallitoh's Mix and Master - by marco - 13-08-2014, 08:14 PM