Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mathematician
(07-07-2014, 12:00 PM)The_Metallurgist Wrote: Pauli, i like the formula!

I see what you did there!

(07-07-2014, 12:00 PM)The_Metallurgist Wrote: ...simultaneous equations... ...so exponentially infinite....

You sly devil, you!

Thank you very much for your time and energy here... I always appreciate your observations. Unfortunately my quiet time available for mixing each day is short enough that often I lose objectivity toward the end, since taking the hour long breaks I really need every so often during the mix would mean not sleeping Tongue but your observations are always really helpful in that respect. I'm resolving to do better about posting my revisions for further consideration, as I usually only get around to first mix.

You're absolutely right about shortening the duration of the bass synth... this isn't a style of music I actively listened to before I started learning to mix, but I sort of get the impression that the groove between the kick and the bass is paramount. I've done a bit of work containing the LF mess that is my room (it's a lot better but by no means ideal) but you're right in that my monitoring really isn't capable of accurately reproducing what's being played at this speed from about 150 down... more reason to keep on working! I tried a couple transient modellers but since I couldn't really hear a difference, there's no telling if I was helping or hurting, so I left it alone.

Subjective analysis is always appreciated, too, though, so don't feel like you need to hold back!

Thanks again for sharing your observations and generous compliments, much appreicated!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
Mathematician - by pauli - 07-07-2014, 06:29 AM
RE: Mathematician - by The_Metallurgist - 07-07-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: Mathematician - by pauli - 07-07-2014, 05:18 PM