Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Carlos Gonzalez - A Place for Us
OK. Based on suggestions, and things I liked in other mixes, Big Grin I made a few changes here. First, I notched 2 dB out of 61 Hz on the bass guitar and 78 Hz on all the kicks (EKN's suggestion); if that doesn't solve your issue I'll try doing the opposite. Blush I also added distortion to the Electro Hits (juanjose1967s suggestion). During the quiet interlude, I automated both the piano to bring it out the "oh-ah-oh-ohhs" to slowly fade them in (inspired by EKN's awesome effect in his mix Big Grin), plus I also punched them up for the final crescendo. I also automated the guitar levels, bringing them up quite a bit over my original mix overall and bringing them up even further, just subtly, to give the final crescendo a greater sense of power. Big Grin

I also made numerous other small adjustments along the way and, unfortunately, I can't remember them all because like EKN I tend to be a perfectionist; I just spent about five hours making various tweaks to get this mix balanced the way you're hearing it now. I think I got it now. Blush I must admit, this version has a lot more automation than the original, that's for sure, and I think it really helps. Tongue

I particularly appreciate juanjose1967's suggestion of the distortion. Distortion doesn't generally occur to me because I spend most of my time trying to avoid distortion. Blush Unless it's overdriven electric guitar, which is always awesome. Big Grin So that probably wouldn't have occurred to me if not for his suggestion. Also I appreciate the inspiration EKN's magical mix provided for that piano and background vocal automation. Smile

.m4a    135 A Place for Us 4.m4a --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Carlos Gonzalez - A Place for Us - by Pedaling Prince - 18-05-2014, 11:50 PM