Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Carlos Gonzalez - A Place for Us
Hi John,

I listened to your second mix, and to be honest, I didn't hear much difference in the low end department. I did hear a difference in overall crispness and in the guitars particularly. I matched the levels of both versions and switched from one to the other and still mostly heard a better high frequencies definition (which is cool).
I tried to solo the low frequency range (below 200Hz) and then only I could hear a little less resonance in the second version.
So I agree with Juan here, there's still something bothering me in the low end during the busy parts. I tried to reduce the stereo width in the low frequencies only and it somewhat cleaned up this range, but I can still hear a kind of low end rumble, now in the center, but still there.
I eventually scanned the low end with a high Q filter, and found 2 frequencies corresponding to the "rumble" I can hear. Those are 61Hz and 78Hz. Still can't identify where those come from, but by just substracting 2dB from those 2 freqs, with a narrow notch, I could get rid of what bothered me. Hope this will help you find out where it comes from.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Carlos Gonzalez - A Place for Us - by EKN - 18-05-2014, 11:35 AM