Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Great to see the recognition of his vocals, which have been part of our culture for so long one almost takes them for granted.  If I may, I should say that it's highly likely Stevie 'felt;' his way musically through those things you detail rather than being concious of them.  It's what I love about his work before MIDI and sequencing came to dominate his output - that sense of visceral, unfettered musciality pouring into the recordings that he made with Margouleff and Cecil at the helm.  I suspect that his 24/7 immersion in performing, recording and prduction since his pre teen years gave him the skills he needed to not even think about what he was doing, as his later work shows far more control and planning and is the worse for it. There is a great book by keyboard player Steve Lodder which goes into a lot of juicy detail about that period and contains musical analysis similar to your own - a must read for Stevie fans https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stevie-Wonder-M...0879308214  Thanks again for a great review.

Messages In This Thread
Superstition - Stevie Wonder - by yeroc - 22-09-2023, 06:25 PM
RE: Superstition - Stevie Wonder - by Mike Senior - 26-09-2023, 03:56 PM
RE: Superstition - Stevie Wonder - by mat6066 - 16-10-2023, 10:44 AM